About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's Santa Time

Hi gals! I'm sorry that I've been absent, but life has really gotten in the way of blogging. So much going on with work, studies and some personal stuff also. But I see light in the near future. Next Saturday I hopefully am a satisfied producer of a (hopefully) succesfull music school show celebrating the Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg. The weekend after there's a mini tour with the military band called Swinging Christmas. And finally I have one exam this semester. It takes place on the 7th of December.

Then there will hopefully be time to do some crafting again. I've knitted and crocheted a bit the last months, but nothing to brag about, so I'm really looking forward to having time to be creative with yarn and fabric.

Today's pictures are from the local arts and crafts society's Christmas Fair held yesterday. It reminds me that that it's only 36 days untill Christmas. The collection of nisser pictured here is quite nice. It's not American style santas, more the traditional Norwegian santas, which is quite nice, I think.

I've updated my webpage with a couple of new quilting projects; one I haven't showed here at all. There is also a new photo there which I'm quite satisfied with.

Do you remember that I wrote about my father-in-law learning to knit at the age of 88? He knitted himself a small afghan for his chair as his first project and then he continued with a scarf I told him was on my Christmas wish list. He finished that scarf only weeks before he died on the 25th of October. He will be deeply missed by us all. He was 89 years old, but he was a great example of that it's never too late to learn a new skill.

Inga


6 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Good to hear from you again! So sorry about your FIL. Sounds like an interesting man.

Jodie said...

Hi Inga,
Great to have you back in blogland. So sorry to hear of your loss, sounds like he was an amazing man.

Jodie

peggy said...

Thank for sharing your father in law. I love the picture of him knitting. And, I, too, am glad to have you back. I checked often to see if you had updated your blog.

Shelina said...

Is is now much closer to Christmas than your post says, so I am behind in reading. I hope that your music show and exams went well. Sorry about the loss of your father-in-law. I know some people who could use his kind of inspiration.

Siddis-in-houston said...

Jeg fant bloggen din tilfeldig da jeg søkte på selbu mittens. Så mye fint du har, her vil jeg komme på besøk igjen!

Simonetta said...

Hi Inga, have a great Christmas time! Hugs.