About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, August 12, 2007

On the go - and back

Hi folks!. I've been away for a while. Was actually planning to blog during our trip, but the first hotel didn't have cards for sale for getting on Internet and the second hotel had a malfunction on the net that they first sorted out the last day I was there. But it has been a lovely holiday. First we spent three days in Paris. My husband has never been there, so it was time to introduce him to the city. It was hot and sunny and lots of nice food and lovely sights. We walked for several hours every day, and this is what we treated ourselves with on on of the breaks. Yummy! After three days we went to Corsica. This part of the trip was my husband's birthday gift to me. I got to pick where we should go, and since I speak French I wanted to go some place around the Mediterranean Sea where I could practice the language. I chose Corsica because of it's beauty (which Ive seen in magazines) and the fact that there has been a lot of European history going on there. After all, Napoleon was born on that island.


This picture shows some of the treats we got there. This is just a snack that came on the table when we ordered a couple of local beers.
I have lots of pictures from the trip, but I need to sort them. Just as I have to do with the impressions that's on my mind after one lovely week in a fantastic place.
Inga

3 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Sounds fantastic! I'll look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing more about it! Those olives look yummy!

Reichi said...

I like your pictures! I'm looking forward to seeing more, too!
Wow, you speak French!? I envy you! :)

Maya Madhavan said...

Sounds like a great holiday. Can't wait to see the photos.