About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Housewiving

As some of my readers will know, I'm not a lot into making food and doing those traditional things that housewives should do. From time to time though, I have a fling with the traditional rolemodel of the woman in the house, like last year and today I felt the spirit from my ancestors to do some traditional stuff. It startet actually earlier this week. I made a focaccia and in the same recipebook I used there was a recipe for a bread I wanted to try. I had to make a dough only consisting of flour water and yeast and let it stand on the table for two days before I continue the baking. So said, so done. Today I was able to take out two lovely bread from the oven.

I even picked some berries today. My neighbours have blackcurrants in their garden and one branch found it's way to our garden a couple of years ago. Now it's a small bush and today I harvested the fruit. Not much, 80 grams to be exactly, but it's enough for a little treat. I added some sugar and tadah! We have fresh jam with the homemade bread for breakfast tomorrow.
Inga

8 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Sounds lovely!

Cooking is not my favorite thing either.

Patty said...

looks delicious !

Angie said...

I'm always trying sourdough bread recipes, looking for just 'the' one. Would you share your recipe or the name of the cookbook you got it from?
Thanks bunches. :D

CONNIE W said...

I haven't made bread in years. Reading this makes me want to give it a try. I love the way it smells when it's baking. Yours looks wonderful!

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful bread --- and the black currant jam --- yummy! I hope you are doing well AND I hope you are finding time for quilting! Did you ever find the fabric you were looking for? The print your friend needed? I've kept my eyes open for it, but have been uncertain if the prints I've found are actually identical. If she still needs it, I'll keep looking.

:) LaTeaDah

Helen said...

Hmmmm, sounds yummy. By the way, your main website: www.ingehelenejuul.no is not working. A MySqL error keeps coming up. I thought you might like to know.

Shelina said...

That bread and jam sounds wonderful too. What time should I come over for breakfast? I haven't baked in a long time either. I think you've revived the breadmaking trend.

Siddis-in-houston said...

I got hungry visiting your blog! Have a nice week end!