About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Views from Trondheim

Tomorrow it is time to continue this year's vacation to another city. We're going further south, to Skien, my husband's home town. But before we go, I would like to share a few pictures from my stay here in Trondheim. On Sunday we went to an area called Bakklandet (only in Norwegian, sorry!) for coffee and cakes. I had a delicious brownie and a cookie. Afterwards we continued our walk through that neighbourhood and discovered a Sunday-open bookstore (not usual) which was going to get rid of 5000 books and sold a lot of them for NOK 10,- (1.5 USD). I'm sorry I hadn't room in my suitcase to buy anything
On our walk to our destination, a family restaurant, we spotted these lovely flowers.
The next picture shows a decoration detail from inside the restaurant. What was really funwas that I met a neighbour from over 30 years ago. I didn't recognize her at first, but she recognized my mother and when she introduced herself, I remembered her. She is the person I have my earliest memory about. I was only 5 when I saw her last time!
The next picture shows a view of Trondheim, and the restaurant we visited is situated in the tower, 74 meters up!
Yesterday and today I visited a couple of quilting shops. Had to buy new needles and ended up with a little bit more;-)



Now we're heading further south.


Inga

5 comments:

Shelina said...

Inga, I am glad that you are enjoying your vacation. It looks like a great place to visit. You didn't have space for books, but did have space for fabric. I admire your priorities!

Reichi said...

Cookie and brownie look yummy! The yellow lovely flowers and beautiful blue sky....I could have fresh air from the photos! And I am thinking how the pretty fabrics are going to change with your magic!:-) Have a nice vacation!

La Tea Dah said...

Inga, I'm so happy you are blogging again! You've been quiet for awhile and I've missed you. Safe and happy travels to you! Oh-la-la --- sounds like great fun!

I love your new quilt fabrics!

:) LaTeaDah

Kairle said...

What beautiful pictures! What a relaxing vacation....

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love my cutting table and hope that you're able to work out something similar. The storage in the cabinets is great!

Supermom said...

Hi!

I found your blog from a fellow quilter and love your quilting. Just wanted to let you know of a mini-quilt swap I am hosting. We'd love to have you if you are interested. The details are given at the blog link below. If it happens that you are not interested, I'd still appreciate if you could spread the word in the event some of your blog's readers might like to participate. Thanks!


Margaret
http://fourseasonsquiltswap.blogspot.com/