About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Thursday, July 19, 2007

On the go

I'm on the go at the moment. Because of the appendectomy earlier this month, we had to reschedule our holiday. That means we will be gone for a whole month from today. First part of the trip is spent in Trondheim where my mother lives. To get there, we had to take an airplane to Oslo! That's 500 kilometres south of Trondheim. After one and a half hour we took a plane from Oslo to Trondheim. That's the prize of living above the Arctic Circle, I guess. I don't mind waiting in airports, in fact I enjoy buying fancy magazines, having a glass of wine and doing airline-secure crafts ;-) (no scissors or sewing needles). When standing in line to pay for the magazine, I spotted some incredibly cute hankies with red hearts on (in the back of the picture). I thought they were very expensive, but they didn't cost more than normal plain ones. The knitting in front in the picture is a pair of potholders I'm knitting as a houswarming gift for a friend of mine.


When I came to my mother's appartment, she had a surprise for me. As a belated birthday gift I got a vintage handbag that once was a gift from my father to her. I remembered I really wanted that one when I was a small girl. I still find it adorable!


Inga

3 comments:

dot said...

What a great hand bag. Enjoy your holiday.

Chookyblue said...

have a nice time while you are away..........take care and travel safe.........

Reichi said...

The handbag is lovely! I think it is romantic that your father gave it to your mother and then she gave it to you. I like your Afghan and curtain. I'm looking forward to seeing the Afghan when you finished it!