About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New afghan in progress

I would like to share a project I've been working on for a couple of months. The pattern for the afghan was published in the Norwegian magazine Allers earlier this year and I fell totally in love with it at first sight. I'm making it with my favorite yarn, the Baby Wool from Dale. It's the same yarn I make my mittens with. At the moment I've made 102 out of 247 blocks, and 5 of 19 rows are assembled. I've even secured all the thread ends!

As you may have noticed, my blog's look is changing again. Nothing dramatic, but small changes that will make it more ME and less BLOGGER. I hope to change the background and heading with personalized images. I'm just waiting for the licence key to the new Adobe Master Collection, so I can play around with the new Illustrator and Photoshop. It's a real bargain because of my student status. 80% off or something....

I've also added a couple of new links. Please check out Allsorts and Bemused
where I've found so much inspiration lately.

Inga

2 comments:

Chookyblue said...

just starting a course on digital photography using photoshop....should be heaps of fun.....

Charlotte said...

wow good going on the crochet! I think I need to abandon my knitted blanket and start on a crochet one - at least I can crochet!!

:)