About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Finishing stuff

I dug into my closets earlier this week, because wanted to make a presentation of crocheted projects I've done earlier. Guess what I found?

A table cloth for my dining table, crochet all finished. The only thing missing was securing thread ends. Probably the reason why it still is in the closet. A gazillion thread ends to be sewn in. Since it's high fashion right now with this kind of table cloths, I've decided to finish it. I'm doing quite a lot every night and have done this for a week, but I'm still not more than halfway through. So I can not share it with you yet.

The project in today's picture (photo: DH) is the first large crochet project I ever did. I found the pattern in a Norwegian magazine Allers. The pattern is actually 20 years old so I guess the project is approximately the same age.

And if you wonder who the cute guy on the picture to the left is? It's my husband portrayed by his uncle 40 years or so ago. Lately he's also started blogging. You can visit his blog here

Inga

5 comments:

Sweet P said...

What a beautiful crocheted table cloth. I can't wait to see yours.

Patti the Hardenbrook Girl said...

What beautiful filet crochet. I used to crochet a lot but never learned how to do this. I can hardly wait to see your table cloth.

QuiltingFitzy said...

OH HURRY UP! lol...I am anxious to see your table cloth too!

Love reading your blog.

Alena said...

What a beautiful crotchet, Inga...
Gosh, you are so talented... you are giving me minority complex, girl... :o)
Have a loads of sun!!!

La Tea Dah said...

Inga, have you had any sunshine yet? I heard on the radio today that Barrow, Alaska received one hour of sunshine today --- and I thought of you and hoped you received the same.

The sun will shine again! I'm telling myself that as well. Although the sun does rise each day, we cannot see it through heavy fog and weary, winter weather. . .sigh!

LaTeaDah