About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Finally!

There are alot of 'Finallys' to report today. First of all, I'm blogging again. Have not felt like blogging at all lately. In fact, haven't felt like doing much at all for the last two weeks. I blame it on the Polar Nights. They have affected me more than usual, so next year I'll be more prepared. But now I'm back! Hopefully on a more regular blogging basis.

Today we finally got some snow also. When we woke up this morning, the ground was covered with 4 inches of snow. We went for a walk and it continued to snow for the hour our walk lasted. The weather forecast antecipates that it will disappear on Tuesday, but they've been wrong before....

Another 'Finally' is holiday. I played the last Military Church Service on Thursday and gave the last lessons on Friday. There is only a gathering with my students for pizza and soda on Tuesday, but I do not count that as work :-) Now I have two and a half weeks of just practicing by myself. No teaching, no rehearsals and no concerts.


And finally there is quilting progress. I've worked on my Dear Jane and made several blocks. On the picture you see how my Dear Jane looks at the moment. If you want to take a closer look at each block, please visit my website.


Inga

9 comments:

Sweet P said...

I can relate to how you're feeling right now. I'm the same way right now only it's because we have no snow.

I checked out your website. I love how you have your DJ graphic. Is that something you created or is it a program of some kind?

Jodie said...

Welcome back Inga, I am feeling much the same lately. Very busy here but not a lot of blogging going on.

Jodie

Patty said...

We missed you ! The snow looks so pretty. Its so warm here today that we have the windows and doors open. Doesn't feel like christmas is so close.
The dear Jane is coming along nicely.

Hedgehog said...

We got snow last night, too. Not sure it will stay. Here's hoping!! I'm actually heading south to Estonia at the end of the work, though. I'm definitely dreaming of a white Christmas!

Your blue and white Dear Jane looks beautiful. The graphic is very cool!

Alena said...

hi inga,
nice to see you again here, your dj will be stunning, what a good job you are doing...
your new instrument looks gorgeous, i hope you are getting used to it and it to you... and your both are happy :o)
ups, i am jealous about the snow - here still nothing, it does not look like winter at all, at least the temperatures dropped towards the zero these last days...
have a wonderful end of advent...

Petey said...

Merry Christmas, Inga! The snow looks so pretty...we have fog and rain here in Iowa. Not much like Christmas and snow would certainly brighten things, too.
Checked your blog to see your Dear Jane in detail. It is really coming along well...I like your two-color choice. See you have Papa's star done! I did that one this summer with Brenda at a retreat...sorry to say, the center is o.k. but the star points don't line up correctly so I am going to do it over. Haven't even been able to work on it since school started in the fall. How have you posted so the name shows when you put the cursor on the blocks? Good organizer and amazing!
Enjoy your snow and the holiday break.

Simonetta said...

Have a great Christmas, Inga!!!!

Judy said...

You have made some progress!! I hope to start one of these next year! Looks good! Keep working!

Carol said...

Oh my word, that Dear Jane quilt is incredible. I'm in awe.