About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Monday, November 13, 2006

Look, she's sewing!

I'm finally sewing again. A new project is on my table. A pair of colleagues of my husband and myself got their third child last week. Already in March, when she told us about the pregnancy, I asked if she wanted me to make a cribquilt for her. She accepted and I started to plan. I wanted to make something unique for her and that was incredibly difficult. I guess I've been procrastinating all this time, but last week, when the baby boy was born, I decided to really give it some attention.

This is what I'm going for. The coloured fabrics are from my Jinny Beyer collection. I'm putting a 4.5 inch teal border outside this center. I plan to quilt teddies in the beige centers and otherwise do some lines diagonally in the coloured squares. Hopefully it will be ready within the beginning of December.

This one has been a really pain to figure out, so I guess it's right, the saying that states that being an artist is 5 percent talent and 95% hard work....

(Photo: my husband)


Inga

10 comments:

Maya Madhavan said...

That's going to be a very elegant and colourful quilt indeed. It is not easy to get that combination going for baby quilts. I can't wait to see it finished.

Jodie said...

Hi Inga,

The new project is looking good. I love the changes to your website. Thanks for making the whole thing in English as well! That was the problem I had with the old one! I really enjoyed your photography. What type of camera do you use? Are your photos digital or on film?

Jodie

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great plan! Can't wait to see it come together.

Nina In Norway said...

Beautiful. Nice colours and smooth “boy-look”. I find it very difficult to make crib quilt for a boy. It is a lot easier for a girl.
I am curious about the teddies. Looking forward to see this when it is done.

Lisa D. said...

I love those colors you are putting together. Can't wait to see more of the quilt.

Hanne said...

It will be a cute crib quilt Inga :-)

Jan Mac said...

I love the colours and look forward to seeing the teddies too.

Susan said...

I really like the colors you chose for this, and think a teal border will be ideal.

Sølvi said...

Kjempenydelige farver i den baby-quilten din Inga Helene. Gleder meg til å se den ferdig

Anonymous said...

fantastic blog!