About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Monday, October 02, 2006

New month - new UFO

October is here and I'm ready to start working on new UFO's. Today I've been marking a redwork piece for quilting. I started this in 2000, and the embroidery has been lying around since spring 2001. I made borders earlier this year, and now it's time to finish it.

To mark it, I prefer using the floor as working table. In our living room, there is space enough to mark and baste quite large quilts. My husband's so used to it that he doesn't mind. He actually used today's working session as an opportunity to test out some camera functions. I'm not too happy to be portrayed with glasses , bit I think today's photos came out quite nice.

The other picture (also taken by my husband) shows the top before basting. I was thinking about doing a more complicated border at first, but have decided to leave that for another redwork of my own design. The embroidery is by the way taken from an American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine issue in 2000.

Inga

9 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

That's a cute picture, of you and the quilt! :) The glasses and the ruler make you look like an engineer or architect, hard at work.

Sweet P said...

You match your Redwork quilt and you look great in the picture. The quilt is gorgeous.

Hedgehog said...

Very cute pictures! Looks like you're having fun! The borders you chose are just perfect.

Alena said...

hi inga,
what a cute photo of you!!! The red suits you so much!!! you look really beautiful (even with glasses! do you have anything against them - by the way? :o)
have a great day!

the quilters said...

Hi Inga, It's nice to see you ! And your redewok looks beautiful !laurence

Hanne said...

Lovely redwork - it will be a beautiful quilt :-)

bluerain said...

Love the basket design! Another UFO redeemed(:

Dianne said...

What a lovely redwork quilt, Inga. How big is it...bed-size or wall hanging?

Love your blog!

Marita BK said...

Det enkleste er ofte det beste. Ditt ble lekkert!