October is here and I'm ready to start working on new UFO's. Today I've been marking a redwork piece for quilting. I started this in 2000, and the embroidery has been lying around since spring 2001. I made borders earlier this year, and now it's time to finish it.
To mark it, I prefer using the floor as working table. In our living room, there is space enough to mark and baste quite large quilts. My husband's so used to it that he doesn't mind. He actually used today's working session as an opportunity to test out some camera functions. I'm not too happy to be portrayed with glasses , bit I think today's photos came out quite nice.
The other picture (also taken by my husband) shows the top before basting. I was thinking about doing a more complicated border at first, but have decided to leave that for another redwork of my own design. The embroidery is by the way taken from an American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine issue in 2000.