About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Home, sweet home

I'm finally back home again. It has been an exhausting week with lots of travelling and lots of concerts. I've played 13 concerts in 8 days, and the bands total amount is 19, so it hasn't been any vacation. It's all about getting up, eating, travelling, practicing, preparing for concert, play the concert, get to sleep in a new bed every night and so forth. Not much time to be alone and definately not much time to sew. The only sewing I did was fixing a colleague's torn lining in his jacket pocket ;-). I've knitted a pair and a half of mittens and I did find some lovely alpacca yarn, which I will try.

I mentioned in my last post that we were on a cruise ship. This tour was a joint venture with the shipping company that runs Hurtigruten and most of the travelling were supposed to be done by coastal steamers. Due to changes in the sailing directories, we had to do some of the travelling by bus and speed boat. One day was especially cruel. The bus went 5.20 am and then there was a nearly 4 hour spead boat trip that started at 6.45 am. We had to get up at 4.15 am!

But there was a reward for the early awakening. We were able to watch the sun rise over some of the most beautiful landscapes you can see in Norway. I'm posting some of the pictures I shot that day. Enjoy!

Inga





17 comments:

Maya Madhavan said...

Oh My! Those are spectacular. #1, #4 and #5 are my absolute favourites. I hope you shot these at high resolution. #4 especially will look simply fantastic blown up and made into a poster.
Thanks for sharing!

Dianne said...

Incredibly beautiful photos, Inga. Thanks for posting those...

Jodie said...

Inga the colours are spectacular. Yes sometimes it is worth all the trouble.

Jodie

bluerain said...

The beautiful things that happen as we sleep (:
These pictures were a pleasant reward for being up in the middle of the night...and are so unique.
Your schedule sounds grueling but hopefully is as rewarding (:

Patty said...

I think you and your husband should consider seeking to have your photos published in a book about Norway. They are extraordinary photos.

Simonetta said...

Hi Inga,I have been spellbound from the beautiful photos.I hope that you have spent a good week!
I thank you to share these beautiful photos with us :)))
Happy sunday!

Alena said...

inga, the photos are awsome, what a beauty... so peaceful and quiet landscape... i love them, thanks for sharing :o)

Anonymous said...

WOW those are lovely sunrises!

Laurie Ann said...

Those pictures are breathtaking!!

Anonymous said...

Such lovely photos!

I haven't had time to sew lately, either, and I'm missing it.

Elizabeth

Hedgehog said...

Beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, really !Yesterday evening, I saw a documentary about the swedish and norwegian coasts until the arctic circle.There were incredibly magnificent views from the sky and I thought to you and your blog..

Anonymous said...

Inga, your photos are beautiful! I especially love the last two on this post. Very lovely! Thank you for the travelogue and neat ideas you share. I hope you are able to have some quiet time at home now after all your travels.

LaTeaDah
http://www.gracioushospitality.blogspot.com

Nina In Norway said...

Nice pictures. I love this country.
And nice work you do. I love al of your projects. It is nice to have found your blogg. I will be back for another peek.

Marita BK said...

Nydelige fotos. Vi har en flott natur vi vet å sette pris på!
Hilsen Lofotejente som har tråkket mange somre hos slekta i Kvæfjord hos Molnes :o)

Koselig blogg du har!

Susan said...

Your photographs are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! You are so lucky to live in a most beautiful country! Norway is by far the most beautiful place I've been...everywhere you turn there's something even more lovely!

I, too, am a clarinetist and have spent my share of time touring and playing concert upon concert. I loved it, though, and miss it. I really enjoy reading about your tours.

You might notice my Norwegian name (Americanized). I'm 1/2 Norwegian =)