About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sneak peak on project

The quilting on Liberty Flowers is going fine. I'm done with half of it and hope to post a finished result within a week or so. I'm also hoping to finish the crocheted bed spread this month. It has been a long time since I started it, more than three years, but I finally see the end.

Today's picture gives you a sneak peak on what I'm planning to take up next. I have a redwork embroidery which I wanted to make pieced borders for. I made one border, took a look at it and decided no, this won't work. So I've decided to use it as the centre of a table runner. The borders will be white linen and I will use red silk thread and embroider something in the borders. What it will be is a secret, but you all have it in your kitchen....

Inga

6 comments:

Patty said...

Well lets see, we all have it in our kitchen..... boy you have my curiosity up... I know, it must be ....no, can't be that, not everyone has one of those in their kitchens....I give up... does that mean you will tell me now what it is : )
I just made a big pot of Kaffe, could it have something to do with that ?

Hedgehog said...

I love your sneak peaks! And those reds and whites are so bright and fresh!

May Britt said...

Now I get curious. You are going to do redwork on your tablerunner. Something in my kitchen......coffee cups.....apples
.....I have no idea LOL Please hurry up LOL

Jodie said...

Don't know about your kitchen, but at the moment I have dirty breakfast dishes in mine! I am supposed to be in there and not here at the computer.

My guess is spoons and other cutlery.

Jodie

Sweet P said...

Inga, you've done it again. You take such extraordinary pictures of your projects! Red and white and I use it in my kitchen? I have not idea. By the way my kitchen is orange and black, will it work in there?

Redwork in Germany said...

love the red & whites of your sneak peek and looking forward to seeing your Redwork piece...