About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday afternoon

Photo: My husbandIt's Saturday afternoon and time to relax. I've spent the day doing house chores, preparing next week's program for the two concerts we're giving (Mozart, Smetana and a couple of Norwegian contemporary composers) and quilting on the Liberty Flowers. We also had a photosession to take pictures of the two wristbands I've designed and knitted last week. It took some time before we found the ideal setting but finally we decided that the piano made a perfect background. I've been wanting a piano since I was 7 and when we finally bought one three years ago, it was one of my biggest dreams come true. I'm not a great pianist, but I can accompany my students and even play some pieces with my husband, who's also a professional musician. He plays the flute.

Here is also a picture of the tablerunner you got a sneak peak of earlier. I'm going to make potholders and place mats also. And when we're talking about sneak peaks:

Jodie, will you please send me your postal address? Because you were right about embroidering spoons and other cutlery on the project from last post. There's a small gift waiting for you here above the Arctic Circle.

Inga

10 comments:

joyce said...

The table runner is beautiful. I love the colors. Are the trees and stars embroidered on later? And did you do them by hand?

dot said...

Inga- sorry to hear the news about your beautiful table runner. I love the wrist bands also. I knit myself some writst gloves, wrist with thumb hole to wear under my motorcycle gloves to keep my writsts warm. I don't know why but my wrists get cold but hands stay warm, they work really nice.

Finn said...

Hi Inga, thank you for stopping over at my blog and leaving a comment..*VBS*Always nice to have a new visitor. Had to pop over and see where you were blogging from.
I really like the wrist warmers you have knitted. I'm sure those would really feel wonderful on colc, cold days..*VBS* And your table runner is just beautiful...very jewel tone and warm.... I think it would great on anyones table...*VBS*

Hedgehog said...

The purples are just so rich and royal! I love them!

Sweet P said...

What a stunning table runner. I love the deep and rich colors with the light color quilting.

Jan Mac said...

I love the table runner too. Are the trees and stars stitched with metallic thread?

Laurie Ann said...

That table runner is just wonderful. The purples you chose are so rich and your corners are so perfect. I love it!

Alena said...

dear inga,
thank you for popping by, the exact date was 19.9. :o)
how are you doing? your table topper is a beauty, you know, i started to struggle with a hook and crochet technique - so inspired by the gift :o), i also ordered some wool via internet - feel like making me and kids some sweaters :o), cannot wait to receive the order
have a nice sunday.

Anonymous said...

Your wrist bands are lovely and the piano is perfect as a backdrop! I don't play the piano, but I'd love to have one too.

Angie said...

Oh Inga, your purple tablerunner is beautiful!!! Love it!! And the wrist bands are delightful!! :)