About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Monday, September 04, 2006

Progress

The calendar says September and most of the work routines are back to normal. Concert season hasn't startet though, so I still have some nice days where I can do some sewing between my daily exercises on the intrument. Today's first picture is an old UFO, started more than three years ago. I came over a pattern for the heart shaped placemats by the Danish designer Helene Juul in a Norwegian quilting magazine. I did think I could finish them before Valentine's Day (and I probably could have done it also) but back then I was too impatient and put them aside. They have been only in my mind around the12th of February every year, knowing that I wouldn't finish them for Valentine's Day this year either :-). After I completed the table runner last week, I thought is was time to try to finish them before our (my Husband and me) 13th anniversary later this month. I know I postponed to finish them because of the shape and getting the backing fit nicely in the "cleavage", but it wasn't hard to do at all.

The second picture shows the miniature version of Liberty Flowers my brother has commisioned. Each block is 4" and the quilt will finish 24x24 inch. It's basted and ready to be hand quilted.

Inga

6 comments:

Jan Mac said...

I love your new finishes and look forward to seeing a photo of Liberty Flowers when it's been quilted.

Jodie said...

Inga

The heart shaped placemats are lovely, what size are the tiny squares?

Happy Anniversary for later this month.

Jodie

Patty said...

What a masterpiece Inga ! The blocks are so tiny I cannot imagine how you made such tiny pieces. Its really beautiful.

The hearts are really cute.
Oh, how was your hike the other day ?

Hedgehog said...

The liberty flowers looks so small! Wow! I love the hearts, too.

Sweet P said...

Your hearts are cute. Enjoy them on your anniversary.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Gosh - I hope your brother is going to frame that quilt when he gets it - the pieces are so tiny! What a work! And, I've been picking away on my UFO's too - the hearts will feel good to finish and how timely, for your anniversary. Have a nice anniversary!

Cheers!

Evelyn