About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Another finish

The UFO-pile is diminishing. Yesterday I could mark off another project as finished. Do you remember the project in this post? One of the postcard quilts is finally finished. I appliqued the handpieced 4 x 6 inch block in the middle onto a piece of fabric and then handquilted it. It's a bit hard to see the quilting, but I've quilted a large maple leaf in the colourful centre. I've also quilted lines 1/4 inch apart from each other. In the outer border I've quilted smaller leafs.

I don't know if I'm fully satisfied with this piece. I like the composition and I think the colours in the middle section stand out well. What I'm not so sure about is the quilting. Maybe I should have appliqued some leaves in autumn colours instead of quilting them and then just do stipple quilting? But I've decided to just let it be like it is. I'll learn from the experience and hopefully will I be more satisfied with my next postcardquilt project.
Inga

6 comments:

Jodie said...

Inga

I love those earthy colours. The quilting is a bit hard to pick up from the picture, but you are probably your harshest critic.

Jodie

the quilters said...

Bravo for this new finish.It's always a satisfaction to see the end of an UFO ! So you can start somtehing else...?lol

Screen Door said...

Many times, pictures, don't do quilts justice, But I like it. Hey , you can check it off the list and move on. It will be a great Fall display.

Melanie

Lucy said...

This is so cute !!!!!

Sweet P said...

I was just wondering if anyone ever hand pieced a postcard and here you have done it! Thanks for the inspiration to do one myself. I like your post card.

Katherine said...

I like it, but I wish I could see a bigger picture when I click on the photo. I'd love to see more detail of the quilting.