About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Summer projects

I've gotten a lot of questions about the picture in my last post. And Maya did recognize it! For those who haven't followed my blog, here is what I'm working on. This is a quilt I've designed and it's called Liberty Flowers. I'm making a miniature version now. The blocks in the large quilt are 8 inches, and those I'm working on right now are just 4. The large quilt is 65 x 65 inches, and the small version is 23 x 23. I pieced the flowers before I left on vacation, and I have been appliquéing them onto a cotton/linen fabric.

In today's picture you can see a part of my second summer project. A couple of years ago I started to crochet a twin size bed spread to use in my studio when I have to use it as a guest room also. It will consist of seven rows and two borders. At the moment I've completed 4 rows and both borders, so it's progressing.

I also have brought with me a quilting project. It's a table topper for advent. It's quite simple, made as a teaching example of how to use half square triangles. I haven't worked on it yet, it's too hot! But I WILL start working on it before we go back home on Wednesday (At least I hope so :-D).

Another "project" I'm working on is my photographing skills. My husband and I both enjoy photography, and we try do make more out of it than just holiday snaps. So far he's the one that has taken the most fun shots, but I'm eager to learn more about it.

And finally, I never go anywhere without my mittens. I've got nearly 20 different versions now, and when I return back home, I'll take a picture so you can enjoy.

Inga

3 comments:

dot said...

Great work. I love the crochet with the smaller thread and hook. Do you ever rest? You are such a busy lady. I look forward to pictures of the mittens.

Sweet P said...

Your photography skills are good. I love the way you have the yarn and the bedspread set up in the picture. I haven't crocheted in a long time. I can't work on more than one craft at a time. I'll stick with quilting for now.

Marci said...

I can't wait to see the mittens. I love the look of this bedspread. I hope your guests are not messy. White just seems to invite dirt here on the farm. =)