About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Oldie

This project is a real oldie. I started it long before we moved to Kvaefjord, so I guess it's from 1999 or 2000. I made the four blocks and the scrappy 2 x 5 borders, and then I put it away. Originally this pattern, made by Ute Barbara Schoensberg (a Norwegian based designer with links to Germany) was a square wallhanging, but I decided to make it into a long and narrow one. While working on it now, we received an invitation to a party to celebrate the birthdays to a friend of mine and her husband, who also happens to be a colleague of my husband and me. They were going to celebrate their 50th anniversaries together with their families, neighbours and a few close friends. I decided to finish this as our present to them because I know that she understands the work I put into a piece like this.

The party was yesterday, and that's why I can show the picture today. They really appreciated it. We had a splendid time! I met friends I haven't seen for nearly ten years and I also was introduced to people my friend had talked about but whom I've never met. It's so nice to finally have a face to combine with the name you've heard several times.

We're visiting my inlaws later this week. I'm so looking forward to going away for a while. But I will bring my computer, camera and UFO's, so I guess you'll be informed of any progress being made.

Inga

7 comments:

Patty said...

That is so pretty Inga. I like the colors and the designs.
I am sure your friends were very happy with the gift

Maya Madhavan said...

It is very a pretty wallhanging and I think it was a great idea to have made it long instead of square.
Enjoy your break!

Hanne said...

Lovely wall hanging. Enjoy your days off :-)

Alena said...

what a lovely wall hanging, i can imagine your friend really appreciated it... nice to hear that you had such a splendid time at the party, enjoy your days off and rest :o)

Sweet P said...

Hi Inga,
This is the first time I've read your blog. Beautiful gift. I'm glad your friends liked it. Enjoy your time off. Everyone needs a break now and then.

Judy said...

Very nice Inga, I think I like it better as the longer version than with the square. Good choice!

Glad that your friends liked it!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is nice to give such a gift to someone who understands what goes into it. Very nice wallhanging! Glad to hear that you are having some down time with friends and family.

Cheers!

Evelyn