About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Il est fini! - It's finished!

There are a lot of wonderful blogs out in cyber space where you can find inspiration for new projects. As some of you may have noticed, I have been working on UFO's since the beginning of May. My UFO-pile also includes crocheting, embroidery and knitting in addition to the quilting ones. Today I've finished two works. One crocheted table runner which I intend to put crosswise over the table as place mats, ad then there is this little cutie.

Originally it was a couple of swatches I made to test out the blackwork embroidery technique. I had planned to use them as center blocks in miniature quilts, but then I came across Veronique's impressive embroidery blog, where I found the link to the directions for this biscornu. The word biscornu (according to my French -Norwegian dictionary) means something with two horns, or something irregular or bizarre. I don't think it's bizarre, just cute. So....

Merci Veronique pour cet idée merveilleuse! Ton travail est splendide et j'admire tout. Je te souhaite une bonne weekend!

Inga

6 comments:

Judy said...

Great little cute project!! Very fun!

Ah the 2 years of French helped me know almost all of the words!!

Hanne said...

Cute biscornu :-) Will you use it as a small pin cushion ?

the quilters said...

Did you see ? She stopped her blog yesterday because of one comment which was not nice !!! I am so disapointed !!! I was reading her blog each day. It was so beautiful !!!!!!!!! Céline

Laura said...

Lovely!

Laurie Ann said...

What a cutie. Looks like a little pincushion!

the quilters said...

Very cute ! I love "les biscornus"..Laurence