About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Monday, June 05, 2006

Finished stuff!

Today I finished this table runner. I started it two years ago, when I was on holiday, visiting my mother. It's so good to mark one more UFO done. I have more than 20 to go. This is my last one with six pointed stars and it's the only one intended to keep for ourselves. The flowers you see in the foreground are the roses my husband bought for my birthday. They are so lovely, the nicest flowers I've ever received. In the back you can see an oil lamp which I've filled with decorative stones. It's not the season for lighting the lamp, but it's so beautiful that I wanted to use it anyhow.

The second project is our only pet at the moment :-D. Due to work schedule, it's impossible to have a pet, so we'll have to stick with this incredibly cute kitten. I'm a real fan of red/bluework and I hope to share another project with you in short time.

Inga

10 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Very beautiful. . .both the table runner and the adorable kitten!

dot said...

The table runner is adorable. You do very nice work. The kitten is the kind I wish I had, no mess, no maintance.

Maya Madhavan said...

That is an awesome table runner. We don't really use table runners, but I am tempted to make one anyway! :) With the flowers and the glass-topped table, it just looks gorgeous!

Laurie Ann said...

Happy belated birthday! I really love that table runner ... BEAUTIFUL!!

Jodie said...

Inga

I love how "crisp and clean" your work is. Are these colours reflected in your landscape, or do you use them to bring colour into your home?

Jodie

the quilters said...

I love your table runner and the little cat is very cute ! laurence

Judy said...

I love the table runner. I've always meant to make one but my "real live" cats wouldn't stand for anything pretty on a table. They tend to see anything laying down as their bed!

Screen Door said...

I love the colors - looks like summer.
Melanie

Laurie Ann said...

Inga - where are you? We miss you! Hope everything is okay with you.

The Calico Cat said...

Pretty runner and kitty quilt!