About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Birthday girl!

Who can imagine that this little creature has become an (almost) middle aged woman with grey hairs showing up? It's my birthday! At first I thought I shouldn't mention it at all, just change my age in the profile. But I changed my mind. You only live once, and every occasion to celebrate should be used. I've had a nice day. My husband greeted me with a card and a small gift. He has ordered a new cordless iron for me, but that didn't arrive at the shop in time, but he gave me some silk thread which I needed to complete one of myUFO's. My inlaws sent a cheque and my mother called to congratulate. Due to her shoulder we'll deal with the gift issue later.

After practicing my daily routine on the instrument, we went into town and ate cake. My husband also bought yellow roses (my favorite) and we did some shopping. Christmas gifts (okay I'm way ahead) and books. We went to visit a friend of mine who works in a newly established art center. Its' an antique building, originally a gym for the Defence Forces, which has been transformed to studios and offices for ten artists, designers and people with creative occupations. It has become an inspiring and beautiful place with lots of fun and interesting people. I got so inspired that I just wanted to go home and establish my own creative business.

Now we're going to enjoy a glass of wine and read the books we bought. Afterwards my husband is going to cook me a delicious meal. I'm enjoying my day!

Inga

11 comments:

anne bebbington said...

What a lovely relaxing birthday - Happy Birthday :o)

La Tea Dah said...

Someone's had a birthday,
I'm so glad.
Let us see how many,
she has had.
1,2,3. . .

Happy Birthday, Inga! Enjoy a wonderful, blessed, and fulfilled year ahead!

La Tea Dah

Alena said...

Very happy birthday, Inga, thanks for sharing it with us, I hope you enjoyed a lot this day, I wish you many blessings and loads of inspiration, love and friends... Alena

ps: the other day I checked out the picture gallery of your husband - the photos are all really beautiful!

dot said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoy the year, you will be this age only once in your life, remember it is only a number.

Simonetta said...

The photo is so sweet :))))Happy Birthday,Inga, has one happy day!!!! Hugs

Lucy said...

Happy birthday Inga!!!

the quilters said...

Bon anniversaire, Inga ! Enjoy this great day and all your new year ! laurence

Jodie said...

Happy Birthday Inga

the quilters said...

JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE INGA !!!! CĂ©line

Maya Madhavan said...

Belated Birthday Greetings, Inga! Many many happy returns of the day. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead!

Judy said...

Happy blated birthday Inga!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!