About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, May 14, 2006

An ordinary Sunday in May

We went for a little hike in the hills behind our house today. The warm weather from last weeked had changed to windy and cold, but the sun was still shining. We took some photos to show the surroundings. In the first picture you see the church, and to the right you see the primary school of the community. Quite a good school actually. Schools are a community task here in Norway, even though our last government supported many private schools. This school is among the best in our county and visitors often come to study the education program here.
After the hike, we worked in the house and had a lovely dinner (reindeer meat) prepared by my husband. Afterwards I sat down in my studio to do some sewing, and when I looked out the window, I saw...................

SNOW!!!

This wasn't unexpected, remember this is above the Arctic Circle, and we often get snow in May. I'm just glad that I didn't buy any plants and planted outside the house yet. I only hope it will disappear before I go to work tomorrow. I'm not ready to find my boots again.

Inga

4 comments:

Patty said...

Inga, its so pretty where you live. I would like a bit of snow today, it was HOT here

Hanne said...

We had hail in my area yesterday, luckily after the church confirmation guest had left. It was a cold May day.

Laura said...

We have had record breaking cold temperatures in Indiana this past week, and a lot of rain. At this point we are worrying about the crops that have already been planted. We hope the sun comes out soon before we lose them!

Laurie Ann said...

Brrrrr!!! We are getting way too hot here today, almost 90 degrees farenheit. Too early in the season, we are not used to it!!