Okay, I thought I should share the results of my May Challenge from last week with you all. It's going neatly and I manage to do stuff every day. In the first picture you see the Broken Dishes-quilt which I started during Easter. It's 12 x 20 inches, and it's handpieced and -quilted. To the right you see a placemat where the binding was almost sewn on three years ago. It needed only to be handstitched to the back. I finally got that done. The "T" in the down left corner (upside down) was the reason why I postponed it. I had a small mishap with the rotary cutter. There was a mimal slice but I didn't know how to hide it. The "T" stands for "Tom" which is my husbands name. I thought about appliqueing my own letter, but the way the slice was, made it impossible to applique an "I" at that spot. I have one more top finished, so I'm going to make one for me also. In front you see the table runner for my mother. I should have been finished last year, but at least, I got it ready for this year's birthday.
On the next picture you see a pair of mittens. Need to secure the thread ends though, but plan to do that the next day I can sit out on our veranda. In front of them you see the knitted potholders I started one year ago. The needle cushion is the "sticky one". It became sticky because I left the quilter's tape on for three years(It's not sticky allover, just outside the quilting lines). And finally the knitted head band. The only thing missing about that was the casting off. That took two years to do that.
If I hadn't got the inspiration from you fellow bloggers, most of these items would still be unfinished. Thanks to you all for the inspiration! You can follow the progress on my May challenge here.