About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Monday, May 08, 2006

Finished stuff

Okay, I thought I should share the results of my May Challenge from last week with you all. It's going neatly and I manage to do stuff every day. In the first picture you see the Broken Dishes-quilt which I started during Easter. It's 12 x 20 inches, and it's handpieced and -quilted. To the right you see a placemat where the binding was almost sewn on three years ago. It needed only to be handstitched to the back. I finally got that done. The "T" in the down left corner (upside down) was the reason why I postponed it. I had a small mishap with the rotary cutter. There was a mimal slice but I didn't know how to hide it. The "T" stands for "Tom" which is my husbands name. I thought about appliqueing my own letter, but the way the slice was, made it impossible to applique an "I" at that spot. I have one more top finished, so I'm going to make one for me also. In front you see the table runner for my mother. I should have been finished last year, but at least, I got it ready for this year's birthday.


On the next picture you see a pair of mittens. Need to secure the thread ends though, but plan to do that the next day I can sit out on our veranda. In front of them you see the knitted potholders I started one year ago. The needle cushion is the "sticky one". It became sticky because I left the quilter's tape on for three years(It's not sticky allover, just outside the quilting lines). And finally the knitted head band. The only thing missing about that was the casting off. That took two years to do that.

If I hadn't got the inspiration from you fellow bloggers, most of these items would still be unfinished. Thanks to you all for the inspiration! You can follow the progress on my May challenge here.


Inga

7 comments:

Judy said...

CLAP!CLAP!CLAP! Horray for finishing all those projects and getting them off the UFO and unfinished list. I'm sure you can change you UFO totals on the side bar at some point, right? I like all the little projects, especially the knitted ones, because that's something I can't seem to learn to do! I crochet..but knitting has eluded me so far.

Congrats on finishing up all those projects!!

Hanne said...

Good going on your Ufos Inga Helene :-)

Laurie Ann said...

Inga, that's fantastic! It must feel good to get all those projects off your plate. Well done!

Alena said...

Oh, good girl, Inga!!! Isn't it marvellous feeling to finish off something that was lying ages in the cupboard?
Little quilts look great... could you take a close up of the hand-quilted broken dishes? I suspect a jewel there...
and once again - love your mittens...
some green-blue-pinky combination is not bad either, is it? :o)
thanks for sharing...

Patty said...

I am beginning to think you never sit still. I am in awe over all you got done.
That knitted head band is amazing. Never in my wildest dreams could I knit something that beautiful

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful projects, Inga. I especially love the mittens!

Patti said...

Well done Inga! You are such an inspiration to the rest of us! Thanks for sharing your projects.