About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Finished stuff - week 2 and 3 of May Challenge

Here is the finished stuff from week 2 and 3 of my May Challenge. In the first picture you see the coasters I finished. I had made one and prepared the three others, but it has taken me three and a half year to do that. The black and white stuff are scissors cases. Originally it started out as pot holders, but the batting was too thin. The pink stuff is a jewel bag that was a tri-recs project. Didn't finish that as I planned either, so I chose to make jewel bags of the few blocks I did. The colourful stuff is a makeup purse and the red and white mini-trip-around-the-world was my summer project from last summer. It is totally handsewn

The second picture is my first handpiecing project, started right before Christmas 2002. I have made several projects with this design, but this one has taken long to complete. The small quilt on the right is what I call the Quilting Etude #1. It was merely designed to practice handquilting and I like how it came out. It's still bleeding red, due to my laziness (didn't prewash fabric) so I have to run it in the washing machine on a wool cycle with no spinning

On the last picture you see the second table mat(matching my husband's). To the right is a small wallhanging that I've called Dictator's Chessboard. I've used some of my bali stash together with black solid border. The title of the quilt? You see, if I was a dictator, I could decide how my chessboard would look like. By the way, the only pieces allowed on this board are pawns :-D. They are quilted in the border.

All pictures are taken by my husband.

Inga

8 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I found your site through a search for quilt blogs. Just wanted to let you know how much I like your work, especially the six-pointed star piece! (I saw your star table runner in an earlier post and like that, too.) I have only pieced one thing by hand, but have been thinking of doing a small 6-pointed star quilt by hand. Cheri

Shellie said...

I love the colors in Dictator's Chessboard. Congratulations. It seems like you're getting quite a bit done this month.

Hanne said...

WOW - Congratulations on all your finishes Inga Helene :-)
I see I better get busy so I can cross more off my May list ;-)
Not many days to go now.....

La Tea Dah said...

Lovely projects! They all turned out so beautifully. Thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration to me!!!!!

Laurie Ann said...

Wow, I can't believe all you have gotten finished up this month. You should be feeling pretty good! Thanks so much for sharing. I am inspired!

Patty said...

I love the use of black and white and how smart of you to find good uses for your projects. You are always busy and get so much done.

Maya Madhavan said...

Everything is lovely! I especially like the scissor cases and quilt with the 6-pointed stars. Quilting Etude #1 looks great too - I'd love to see a close-up. You've done great on your projects, Inga! :)

the quilters said...

All your projects are very pretty. I love especially your 6 pointed stars quilt and your quilting etude. What are your goals for next month ? laurence