About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Broken dishes

Alena asked for a closer picture of the Broken dishes quilt. Here it is. I pieced the center from the bargain Jinny Beyer fabrics I bought in Skien and the border is another Jinny Beyer which I had in my stash. I outlinequilted in the light triangles, and the border motif is designed with cookie cutters and a ruler. The stiches shows in the miters, because I used white thread, so I decided to quilt it with white thread also. These aren't excactly MY colours, but I like how it came out.

Inga

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Inga, this is also my favourite from the pictures. So simple so beautifull...

Hanne said...

Lovely broken dishes Inga Helene :-) It is a good pattern. Have you ever tried to mix sizes - like full size and half size in the same quilt ? It gives a very good result too :-)

Esther said...

Hi Inga,

I'm not a regulr visitor of your blog but...I'm always delighted to read about you.
Your may challenge is a real "go go go " , it amazed me !
Don't know how I dicovered your site...I'm living in Canada, province of Qu├ębec, my english is not very good for writing...
The words who catch my attention were Kaffe Fasset(some post ago !), I like very much his style, his way of working patchwork.
Wishing a long life to your blog, keep on the good spirit,I think I'll come back more often!
Esther

Simonetta said...

Hi Inga Helene,I love the pattern Broken Dish, it is really beautiful!!!!
You have done a good job;))))
Ciao
Simonetta

Patty said...

That is really pretty. I may have to try to do something like that.