About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Finally!

Finally what I've worked with for nearly a year is out in the open. It has been a long and eventfull day with lots of people visiting. I played a mini concert with a good friend of mine, Natalia, who I work with in the community school of music. She's an excellent accompanist and I enjoy playing with her. People looked like they enjoyed the music and they also liked my pictures and quilts. I got flowers from a friend couple of us and the community also gave me flowers. They even bought a picture! I've sold one pair of mittens and quite a few cards, so I'm satisfied with the day.

I've also premiered two quilts. One is called "Star among stars" and the other one is called "Liberty Flowers"

I've uploaded lots of pictures and don't know how the layout will be, but I hope they give a good impression of what today has been for me. I'm tired, but really glad that the exhibition is opened.

By the way, all pictures are taken by my husband.

Inga

9 comments:

Hanne said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your big day :o) Congratulations ! I hope you sell well and get the credit you deserve.

Jodie said...

Congratulations Inga, the quilts look wonderful. I love the grey, black and white with a splash of colour!
Jodie

martha in ny said...

Woo Hoo Inge, I am doing a jig for you~~The show looks great and you look happy!!

Petey said...

Inga,
Congratulations! You have such diverse talents. Proud to know of you and grateful that you share your works with us. Motivates me...thank you.

Alena said...

Wauw, so finally, congratulations, exhibition looks really lovely - loads of people, I am happy for you, enjoy the good feeling and take care...

Patty said...

Everything looks wonderful. Congratulations on a job well done and for art work that is extrodinary

Lucy said...

Congratulations Inga, I think youare very proudd., and you deserve it !!!

Maya Madhavan said...

Congratulations on the successful exhibition, Inga! To listen to music and feast one's eyes on your pictures and quilts - what a wonderful treat!
I absolutely love the black/white/gray stars with the 'sun'. Gorgeous! The 'flower' quilt is great too!

Laurie Ann said...

Good job! You are so talented ... photography, quilting, and a musician! Your hubby must be so proud!