About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Almost ready

Today I finished the big quilt I've been working on lately. I ditched the rosemaling border. It didn't come out the way I wanted so I'm using it for a redwork quilt later. I quilted parallel lines 1 inch apart from each other instead. The binding is in place and the sleeve is handsewn on the back.

We also went down to the gallery to get all the pictures onto the walls. In the picture (taken by my husband) you see Anne, the gallery owner, hammering nails into the wall for hanging while I'm holding one of my pictures. It was so strange to see all the pictures together in an environment suitable for showcasing art. The quilts are also in place, except for one that's not dry yet, and the big one of course, since the last stich was finished only minutes ago. The only things left to do is call the gallery in Harstad and ask if I can lend two easels to put my photos on, collect the cards from the printing office and sew in thread ends on my mittens.

Yesterday was the date of the vernal equinox (boy, did I have to look up that expression :-D). The last picture today was taken by my husband around 6 pm. The days are really long now and soon we won't notice nearly any difference between day and night.

Inga

6 comments:

Hanne said...

We are enjoying more daylight in my part of the country as well - it will be so nice to have even more, even if we don't have your wonderful midnight light :o) When will we see your quilt ?

Hanne said...

I forgot to say - Very Good Luck with your exebition :o)

Alena said...

I am happy for you, Inga, you are getting there! Good luck, enjoy the final touches when preparing your exhibition I am sure it will be a success. Take care.

Laurie Ann said...

Be sure to take pictures of the gallery inside so we can get an idea of what it looks like and pictures of your new quilt! Yeah! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Jodie said...

Good luck Inga
Jodie

Patty said...

You must be having so much fun getting things all ready and it must be exciting too.
I laughed when you said you had to look up the expression, "vernal equinox" because I know I would have to look up how to spell it and its english : )
Very beautiful picture !