About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Finished business

This small table topper was finished this weekend. It's a gift for my mother for her birthday in June. She's not in the cyber world, and I doubt that she ever will enter it, that's why I can present it now. She is also getting a table runner with three stars instead of one. This set is designed by a Norwegian quilter named Tove Fevang. She is a hand piecing guru and her work is excellent. So you probably guess that this is hand pieced and quilted. The only thing I do by machine is put the binding on. I handsew to the back though.

The decorating project moves forward. The roof has got three coatings and is finished and tomorrow I'm going to paint two of the walls with their second coating.But the quilting project which has got my full attention at the moment is the quilt with a rosemaling quilting motif (I wrote about it earlier). I'm maybe crazy, but I'm attempting to handquilt a 65 x 65 inch quilt in three and a half week. I want it ready for an exhibition the 25th of March. Has anyone done that? It's quite large blocks which I intend to outline quilt. That shouldn't take too long, but the rosemaling pattern in the border is quite complex. I'll keep you informed about the progress.

Inga

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the design and your work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

LaDonna

Alena said...

beautiful topper...
as for your hand - quilting goal - go, inga, go!!!

Maya Madhavan said...

It is gorgeous! You have a fantastic eye for colour!
All the best for your hand quilting project.