About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Unfinished business

I have dozens of unfinished projects. I thought I should share some of them with you. Here are what I plan to use some of the hexagons for. I have a couple-and-thirty-two flowers already, but I will make a lot more. I hope to make a quilt where I can use them in an untraditional way. And another plan is to make a quilt which I will name "Grandma's Herbarium". That will include other techniques also. Grandma's Herbarium should be finished before next summer. The other one hasn't got any deadline. I do not like to push the quilts when I'm not 100 percent certain of how they should appear.


Here is also a picture of a small quilt I made last spring. This was before I started to organize my scraps. My table was covered with bits and pieces, but instead of shoving them all down in the scrap box, I started sewing them together without planning too much. I've done that several times, but this was one of two that I was satisfied with.


Inga

3 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Wow! That is going to be a beautiful quilt some day. I like your red/white/black art-sy quilt too - hard to believe it was a scrap project.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Patty said...

You have lots work cut out for you. I love all the colors.
The red, black and white quilt is so pretty and so creative. I really like it.
It looks like a museum piece

Mrs. Q and Miss Candi said...

So pretty. I have lots of unfished projects too. I love your blog.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
www.turtlelane.blogspot.com