About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Monday, January 23, 2006

Unexpected day off

I got the day off unexpectedly. I work as a clarinet player in a wind band. We get all our conductors from southern Norway. When we were about to leave home this morning, we got as SMS that said that the rehearsal was cancelled. Our conductur was stuck in Oslo. More than 50 pilotes turned in sick this morning due to a disagreement between the Danish pilotes in the same company and the management. So I used the day to more scrap cutting.


I found some very nice solids in the scrapbox and decided to make a few nine patches. I'm very fascinated by the Amish tradition, and after reading a lot about nine patches in several blogs lately, I decided that I would have to make some blocks myself. This picture is by the way taken by my husband. He got a new lens for his camera from USA today, and he was quite keen on testing it.

Inga

3 comments:

Patty said...

I like those blocks so much, but then I am so drawn to amish quilts since that is what I learned to do first.
I am sure you enjoyed your day off today and it looks like you got a lot done.

cindyquilts said...

For me, there is something so simple and delicate about working with black and solids. Maybe ... a throw back to simpler times. Lovely blocks.

La Tea Dah said...

How beautiful! I love 9 patch quilting. The last one I made was with random prints rather than the dark and light pattern that is more traditional. Any way, they are beautiful!