About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Quilt in progress

I never intended to start on a new quilt now. It just started itself:-D. Here are my twelve nine patches placed with black fabric. The border will be green with purple cornerstones. I checked in Rachel Pellman's book Amish Wall Quilts, and this is mid western style. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Have decided on the quilting motifs also. So now I just have to draw templates for the border on freezer paper and then draw the quilting design onto them before I cut the fabric.

Finally we're getting some winter around here. If this is how it looks tomorrow, we will have our first skiing trip in nine years tomorrow afternoon right after work.

Inga

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Beautifull , The new "started quilt"and the snow :c) . I love the books from Rachel Pellman !!

Patty said...

I love the quilt ! The black really makes it eye catching.
Now you can send some winter my way !
Are you going to do cross country ski or down hill ? Both are so much fun