About living a creative life in a small commuity approximately 300 kilometres above the Arctic Circle

Monday, January 30, 2006

Ms Sporty and one of her UFO's

It's a fact! This photo proves that I'm officially a skier again. There are excellent tracks in the hills not far from our house, and today we went out for more than one hour. It was very relaxing and I feel fit to get on with my quilts.

I'm posting a picture of a small quilt that's in progress. It's a handpieced quilt which I'm also going to handquilt. The four-patches are 2 " and are leftovers from the project I posted earlier (the one with swatches from Keepsake). The borders on the side are sewn on, I just have to drav the quilting pattern onto the cornerstones before I sew the last borders. I love to handpiece and hand quilt, but it's definitely a slow process.

Inga

4 comments:

Patty said...

I am so glad you got to ski ! It looks so beautiful in your area. I love the mountains.
The little quilt is perfect. I have no idea how to make such tiny blocks. It looks very difficult to me.

Laurie Ann said...

Hmm I am jeaous for your snow! My DH and I like to cross country ski, but usually only get to do it when we visit his folks in WY. Enjoy! By the way, I love "My Colour Symphony!"

Lucy said...

I love both picuters!! From you in the snow... ( mmm I never have skied) and teh little quilt is adorable..

cindyquilts said...

The little quilt is wonderful. I have about 100 extra 3'' by 3'' squares in a 4 patch arrangement. Maybe ...